NW3 Maths hub and NCETM are now recruiting for a new National Collaborative Programme to start in 2021-22- NCETM School Development Lead
Outline: This project aims to support mathematics leads whose role is to lead change in a school or group of schools other than their own.
NW3 will be accepting applications from maths subject leaders in St Helens, Knowsley, Sefton, Liverpool and Wigan.
What is involved?
It will provide a regional support programme through a series of three days of workshops (face-to-face and online), practice development activities, and an online community. The face-to-face workshops will run regionally across England.
Participants undertake to plan, lead and evaluate a school development initiative for a school or group of schools and to record their planning, evaluation and reflection in an Accreditation Evidence Document.
Successful completion of the programme and satisfactory completion of all tasks and related paperwork will result in the participant being accredited as an NCETM Accredited School Development Lead.
Who can take part?
The programme is for teachers leading change in a school or group of schools other than their own, and will benefit those who have previous experience of developing leadership capacity in schools/groups of schools or who are new to the role.
What are the benefits?
- support schools, groups of schools or MATs to establish sustainable cross-school approaches to collaboration and development for maths teaching
- start to use collaborative Work Group models as one of their school development strategies
- evaluate and review the effectiveness of maths school development models
- develop skills in driving improvement in maths, including developing the capacity of school leadership of maths
- know and understand of the challenges and barriers to school development in maths and how to tackle them
know and understand effective approaches to teaching maths, including teaching for mastery.
What is the cost?
The School Development Lead Programme is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.
To find out more and apply:
PLEASE USE THE LINK PROVIDED BELOW TO APPLY
The information for NCP 21-05 NCETM School Development Lead is now on the NCETM website: School Development Lead Programme | NCETM. This link, http://bit.ly/NCETM-SDL, can be shared with applicants to take them to the application form on Axis.
Please feel free to share with across your networks.